Speedmaster® “PocketPal” SM-12
Economical — Portable — Battery-Powered
The Speedmaster “Pocket Pal” SM-12 has been designed to meet industry’s needs for a small portable densitometer. With a range of 0 to 4.00D, the “Pocket Pal” prov ides a quick and effective method to verify that your B&W or x-ray film processor meets all quality control requirements. No separate light source is required, just insert the film, align the area to be read, and press a button.
The SM-12 has alignment marks for easy film positioning. Exposed and processed control film should have a density patch at least 0.2″ (5mm) wide to avoid critical alignment. The push button switch “wakes up” the PocketPal with a stable reading in 1 second. The digital display indicates density values from 0.00D to 4.00D in 0.01 increments. SM-12 readings are calibrated for films with silver emulsions. Convenient nylon protective carrying case is optional.
- Convenient Pocket Size ( 4.5″×2.5″×1.15″ or 114.3mm×65.5mm×29.2mm; Weight 5.9 oz. or 167.2 grams)
- Portable Battery Operation (9 volt Alkaline Battery Included)
- Digital Display of Film Densities
- Reliable Accuracy
- Consistent Reading Results
- Push Button for Instant Readings
- Internal Light Source
- Low Battery Indicator
- Temperature Stabilized Readings
- High Density and Low Density Calibration
- One Year Warranty (battery excluded)